Home › Forums › Adwords › Adwords – Ad Disapproved – Malicious or unwanted software › Reply To: Adwords – Ad Disapproved – Malicious or unwanted software
July 28, 2021 at 4:05 pm #3561
Possible causes of Google Ads Disapproved Due To Malicious or unwanted software
- Outgoing URLs on the landing page use http when the landing page is secured via https.
- Images hosted on software not approved by Google Ads.
- There are redirects to the domain or landing page URL.
- WordPress plugins are considered malicious by Google.
- Custom scripts added to the landing page refer to external content considered malicious by Google.
- You’ve included automatic downloads on the landing page: In Google, “The download of the software should only begin when
the user has consented to the download by clicking on a clearly labelled download button.”
- You have included form fields that invite the visitor to submit sensitive information: In Google, “The software must not collect sensitive information such as bank details without proper encryption.”
- False representation of expected content, for example:
“An ad that contains only the words “Download” or “Play” without identifying the software for which it is advertising.
A “Play” button that leads to a download.
- An ad that mimics the appearance of the publisher’s website and claims to offer content (for example, a movie) but instead leads to independent software.
- Website images can also contain malware or embedded code which can trigger RED FLAG in Google and get your ads disapproved.